DIVISION: Internal Audit Contact Details:
The main objective of the Internal Audit Division is to provide assurance to the Permanent Secretary on the adequacy of controls within all financial and operating systems by measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of financial and managerial controls, and recommending enhancements or corrective actions. It provides the management with relevant reliable and objective information on the effectiveness of systems and practices in place that will ensure the achievement of the operational objectives. Internal audit helps the Ministry in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approached to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance.
The purpose of internal audit is to support the Ministry of Health and Social services by identifying and assessing the risks and the adequacy of the financial management and control systems with regard to:
- The identification, assessment and control of the risks from the management side;
- The compliance with laws, regulations and contracts;
- The reliability and comprehensiveness of financial and operational information;
- The effectiveness, efficiency and economy of operations;
- Safeguarding of assets and information; The Division performs internal audits, investigations and follow-up on recommendations throughout the country.