DIRECTOR: Ms. Anne-Marie Nitschke
Tel: 061- 203 2822
Fax: 061 - 224155
The objective of the directorate is to reduce the impact of HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria on the Namibian population. There are two divisions: Health Sector Response (Health sector) and Expanded National AIDS Response Coordination (Multi-Sect oral). The functions of the directorate are.
- Design, manage and direct policy development, strategic planning, resource mobilisation co-ordination, facilitation, monitoring and evaluation of the national response across sectors
- Create and enabling Environment for people infected and affected with HIV/AIDS living in order to ensure that they enjoy equal right in a culture of acceptance, openness and compassion.
- Prevent new infections of HIV and other STIs
- Provide access to cost effective and high quality treatment, care and support services for all people living with, or affected by HIV/AIDS
- Reduce tuberculosis transmission, morbidity and mortality to such a level that tuberculosis is no longer a public health problem
- Prevent deaths and reduce illness and social economic losses due to malaria through progressive improvement and strengthening of local and national response capabilities